Wednesday, September 22, 2004

LOST may have nowhere to go

The first 15 minutes of LOST seems disappointingly mundane and full of cliches. And I'm a huge--I mean HUGE--fan of show-creator/director J.J. Abrams, whose almost-a-hit-show ALIAS is also on ABC. (Sunday nights, 9PM.)

ALIAS is "appointment TV" for me. That is, it's in my Palm Pilot like an appointment so I don't miss it.

If the first act of LOST is any indication, ALIAS will be the only Abrams' appointment TV show I'll be watching this season.

Three acts to go.
(submitted 8:20PM, 22 Sep 2004)

Addendum:

I never made it through the first act of LOST. Instead, I channel flipped over to UPN to watch AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. Keep in mind, I never watched last season's show. I did watch half of a painful "recap" episode. That was, perhaps, one of the worst things I've ever watched on broadcast TV aside from WHOOPI (also from last season, NBC).

If I'm not alone in my channel flipping--and we'll learn if I am tomorrow thanks to the TV Nielsen gods--ABC may be in trouble. They are heavily invested in LOST, an expensive-to-produce, highly marketed and publicized show.

(I even saw commercials of LOST on the WORLD SERIES OF POKER [on ESPN, a Disney-owned channel] and the World Poker Tour [on the Travel Channel, another Disney property!])

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home